Partnering with God to see lives change one relationship at a ti
Info and Instructions:
Friends Church is part of the Indiana Yearly Meeting of Friends Churches. To learn more about our faith and practices within Christ’s church follow this link: https://www.iym.org/
Our church, in Wabash, Indiana, is located in northeastern Indiana approximately 85 miles from Indianapolis. Wabash County has a population of approximately 32,000 people, with approximately 10,000 people in the city of Wabash. To learn more about Friends Church, our vision, and our ministries, please visit our website at www.wabashfriends.org.
We are currently seeking a Children’s Pastor. We invite qualified candidates to submit their resumes and a cover letter with a short bio to email@example.com.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Lead Pastor, the Children’s Pastor provides ministry leadership for parents and their children ages birth through sixth grade through shared experiences, teaching, resources, and support, equipping parents to be the spiritual leaders in their homes with the common goal of helping children to develop lifelong relationships with Christ.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate preschool through sixth grade Sunday School and Kids’ Worship Programs, as well as coordinate Infant and Toddler Nursery Programs on Sunday morning.
- Equip parents to lead the spiritual development of their children by providing resources to use throughout the week.
- Provide parents with regular communication about Children’s Ministries through monthly newsletter, email, social media and other resources.
- Recruit, support and provide training to volunteer leaders (around 50 leaders per week); provide a volunteer manual to inform and identify volunteers; lead trainings (twice per year and as needed). Provide leadership, vision, feedback, and encouragement to volunteer leaders through formal and informal communication.
- Coordinate teams to plan special events such as VBS, Christmas, Easter, outreach events and mission opportunities.
- Implement the Children’s Safety Policy and perform quarterly review and update. Coordinate interview and background screening for all children’s ministry volunteers.
- Coordinate use of Family Center with church staff and Trustees. Prepare and manage Children’s Ministries budget.
- Regularly meet with the Lead Pastor for supervision and direction in regard to Children’s Ministries and the mission and vision of the church. Coordinate baby/child dedications with Lead Pastor. Participate in scheduled staff retreat and M&O planning retreat.
- Must profess Jesus Christ as personal savior and exhibit this commitment in personal lifestyle. Has a heart to serve God and a passion to assist children and families in developing lifelong relationships with Christ.
- Should have a bachelor’s degree in Christian Education or a related field and have at least two years of experience teaching children or directing a children’s educational program.
- Excellent communication skills are required specifically in regard to teaching children and communicating to parents and families about the children’s ministries program.
- Must be well-organized and have good administrative abilities including the ability to lead a team of volunteers in children’s ministries programs.
- Must possess a good understanding of child development and the ability to evaluate and implement curriculum to meet the educational and character needs of children at age-appropriate levels. A strong biblical and theological knowledge to guide the development of the children’s ministries.
- Basic computer proficiency is expected, along with a basic knowledge of how to use various technologies in the work of the church.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Meet weekly with pastoral staff for support, accountability, and strategic planning. Order materials and resources needed for ministry. Attend annual staff retreat and Leadership planning retreat each year.
- Accountability: The Children’s Pastor reports to the Lead Pastor and is accountable to the pastoral staff.
- Able to talk, hear, see, reach, bend, stoop, lift, and perform functions necessary to lead and coordinate activities for students.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel.
- This is a full-time, salaried position requiring 40-45 hours per week, sometimes including evening and weekend hours with one weekday off per week in addition to Saturday
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org